Lucy's Meat Balls
This Recipe Makes: 8 Meatballs. I usually double this. Dave
Best to make these at the same time as making the gravy.
Note the exact quantities... Most of Mom's recipes are like this! Seasoon to taste. Live
and learn. By the 3rd time you make them, you'll know how much of each ingredient to add...
If you don't already.
|1 lb||chopped meat (beef!)|
|3 slices||(damp) white bread|
|Some (aprox. 1/4 cup)||dry parsley|
|Some (aprox. 2-3 tbs.)||Garlic Powder|
|Some (to taste)||Salt & Pepper|
|some||olive oil (enough to cover meatbals 1/4 way up in pan)|
- Pre-heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan.
- Mix meat in large bowl with damp bread slices (not SOAKED, just damp), egg,
bread crumbs, salt & pepper, garlic powder. Raw meatballs will be bready but not too
bready. Best to add the bread crumbs slowly to get the right consistancy.
- Squish it all together with you-a hands... (wash them first! ewww!)
- Roll meat mixture to desired size. I like em bigger than a golf ball, but smaller than a
- Cook in olive oil on med to high turning until all sides are brown.
- Turn down heat and cool a little longer with the lid on the pan.
- Put about 80% of meatballs in the gravy. Cook the rest a little
- If you put some in the gravy to finish cooking, remove after 15 mins. - 1/2 hour or they'll
get soggy and fall apart!